Rodney Jerkins speaks on Beyoncé and Ciara's upcoming albums



Did he just describe B'Day as trendy!? Has he not heard "Freakum dress", "Suga mama", "Get me bodied" and "Upgrade U"!? His joint was the only trendy sounding one on the whole album! I'm glad he's back in the studio with Beyoncé though, because Beyoncé + Darkchild usually = hotness. I hope Rodney switches it up and comes with something fresh though. His shit has been seriously stale as of late. I remember when Darkchild used to be killing it with the R&B joints, now his stuff sounds so generic and cookie cutter. I'm hoping his work with Beyonéc is more "Say my name", "Lose my breath" and "Cater 2 U" and less "Déjà vu". He described her album as featuring a lot of mid's, yet being big pop records. The mind boggles. But I hope we don't get a whole album of songs like "Bleeding love" because when I think big and mid tempo, I think of songs such as that. Otherwise it'll be a case of bleeding ears. I love Beyoncé, but I'm not trying to hear her wailing on every track over a mid tempo beat.

I'm excited Rodney's working with Ciara too. I'm hoping he brings that fire that was missing from his contributions for her The evolution album. I really liked "Make it last forever" and "Can't leave 'em alone" - but I expected something bigger from the two of them. Hopefully we'll get that big Ciara and Darkchild joint this time around.

Darkchild needs to make this his chance to come fresh and wow people. He can come mediocre for Britney, Beyoncé and Ciara once, but he can't do it twice. I blame the gastric bypass. N***a was at his hottest when he was overweight. The same goes for Timbaland. Dude was killing it when he was overweight and holed up in his studio for days with no sunlight. I say somebody send 2 dozen boxes of Krispy Kreme's to the both of them.

Related post: Rodney Jerkins to work on Britney's sixth studio album

Comments