Music video: La Roux - Bulletproof



I thought the special effects looked iffy on an initial watch. But then I selected the HQ option in the YouTube embed and it looked 10 times better. The curse of a ragged YouTube upload. Elly's hair, make-up and clothes are whacked. She looks like a cross between a Dragonball Z character, Boy George, David Bowie, M.I.A and Cloud Strife. But she somehow manages to pull it off.

"Bulletproof" is La Roux's 3rd single. And unlike La Roux's previous hit single "In for the kill" which took me a while to like, "Bulletproof" was a 'like on a first listen' affair. Though I don't think in the long run it'll have as much of a lasting impression as "In for the kill".

"Bulletproof" gives me Nelly Furtado vibes. Elly does an alright job of the song. But I know Nelly Furtado with the aid of some Jim Beanz vocal production would do the damn thing with it.

Read all about 'em: Who are La Roux?

Comments

  1. I'm not liking this one as much with "In For the Kill".
    Maybe the reverse is going to happen and I'm going to have to listen to this a couple of times for it to grow on me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed