B-Rocka stays grinding on her 6th studio album

Brandy...chillaxin'...taking time out from recording that forthcoming hotness that is her 6th studio album.
Brandy's new album is making some serious head way. She's only gone and hit the studio with The Neptunes' Pharrell Williams!!

There's been no word on Brandy working with Rodney Jerkins again. Funny considering how much the two said they'd never part again after their re-uniting for Human. But I'm not mad. As much as I liked Human, Rodney's productions were pretty lax. The only song he contributed to that album that had me going crazy besides "Right Here (Departed)" was "Warm it up (with love)" and "Long distance".

So far, this places the definite's for Brandy 6th studio album at: Stargate, Tricky Stewart & The Dream and Pharrell Williams.

I'm still holding out for Brandy to work with Danja. And I'm hoping that upon hoping that by working with The Dream, she'll also work with LOS Da Maestro, and that The Dream will NOT feature on any of the songs. I don't want to hear that n***a f**k up Brandy's songs with his horrid singing, shouting "Eh, eh, eh Radio killa!" every 2 minutes.

It'd be great if Brandy worked with her ex Robert Smith too. Them two of them had an amazing musical chemistry. They did the damn thing for artists such as Kelly Rowland, Kiley Dean and Toni Braxton, and Brandy's own songs "Feels so good" and "This must be love" were too hot to just leak and not be on an album. But I'm not holding my breath. I also hope that "Decisions" doesn't make the album, because I really don't like that song any more. Hopefully for Ne-Yo's future contributions with Brandy he'll actually let her sing how she normally does and stay on her vocal production game. He was putting backing vocals all over "Decisions" like home girl couldn't do it herself. It was like he clipped Brandy wings, and I don't like that. I don't like it at all! I'm shaking my damn fist right now!!

I'm hoping this new album from Brandy is on an Afrodisiac tip. Based on who she's working with, this album is seeming like it'll be more more uptempo, radio friendly, with a club banger or two. The great thing about being a Brandy fan is that you know musically she's going to bring it. She brings a vocal game no other chick in the game can bring. She's in her own league with the vocal production. The only other chick who can work a vocal arrangement on a level with Brandy in my opinion is the Beyondroid. Say what you will about the Beyondroid, but girl can arrange her shit. It's the one thing regarding her songs that she can take full credit for. Because we know she ain't writing as much as them inlay credits claim.

I cannot WAIT to hear how Brandy sounds on a Pharrell and Tricky Stewart production. You just know she's going to sound sick!! I just hope the Pharrell joints make the cut. Word has it that Brandy has worked with Pharrell before, but the songs never saw the light of day. I look forward to hearing what they cook up. Brandy's vocal game never gets old and never wavers. And Pharrell has been putting out some low key, but hot productions lately.

Give it a read: Human album review
Something special: B-Rocka

Comments

  1. According to the people on Brandy's forum (who are very crazy and delusional), Brandy has worked with Danja already.

    "Antoher day another question. Is the leaked decisions version the final version? Why isnt bran singin more than neyo?
    THE SONG WASN'T SUPPOSED TO LEAK BECAUSE IT WAS BEING CONSIDERED AS A SINGLE (NOT LEAD) SO THE FINAL VERSION HAS TWEAKS WITH DIFF AD-LIBS...

    How did the session with pharrell go?
    SESSION WITH PHARRELL WENT GREAT - AS TO BE EXPECTED. BRAN IS ON A WHOLE NOTHER LEVEL MUSICALLY RIGHT NOW. SHE'S HUNGRY AND FOCUSED AND AS I'VE SAID I KEEP COMPARING THIS NEW ERA TO FULL MOON....

    And las but not least...

    Why hasnt the label contacted timbaland if bran wants him for the new album?
    TIMBALAND IS DEF ON THE LIST AS IS KANYE...SHE'S ALREADY BEEN IN WITH STARGATE, DREAM/TRICKY, DANJA..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait. I luuuurve me some Brandy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed