MiChi to release a new digital single, "Starting over".

Sony must be feeling generous or running out of options for their roster of non selling artists, because MiChi has been given a window in April to release a digital single. MiChi is one of the brightest / most interesting artists signed to Sony, which is why I find it so tragic that Sony music give her about as much support as Aretha Franklin's titties get in a silk blouse. And from the looks of this promotional video, MiChi is being given no budget to shoot a music video. Resorting to having to put her Olympus SP810UZ on a tripod and self timer and shoot the damn thing herself.



I adore MiChi's Up to you. It ranks in my list of most amazing album debuts alongside Kid Cudi's Man on the moon: The end of day. Not a week goes by when I do not play a song off of it. I liked Therapy, but in retrospect I was probably easier on it than I should have been, given the stellar quality of her debut. But I can't front with "Starting over". The song sounds boring. I need those genre bending, killer hook, hot beat laden songs MiChi came with during her Up to you era. If she had just gone with "Sound of love" as a single instead, I would have been happy. That song was giving me everything that none of the Therapy singles gave me, with the exception of "Love is". What is happening to this girl!?

Comments