Music video: BoA - Kiss my lips

Music video: BoA - Kiss my lips | Random J Pop

BoA's comeback began with the release of "Who are you?" the video of which was essentially a Samsung Galaxy commercial which featured BoA every now and then looking like Taeyeon from Girls' generation. The song was cute and sweet, but wasn't the punchy comeback that had you on the edge of your seat for when it gets performed on M countdown or SBS' Inkigayo. This comes in the form of the album title track "Kiss my lips". Much in the way that "The shadow" did as the successor to 2012's "Only you" - "Kiss my lips" is the sharper song, which comes with a video in which BoA sells some sex as she works a routine which involves opening her legs and slapping her own backside. Given the name of the song some Rihanna style vaginal pats wouldn't have gone amiss.


The video is your typical K-pop affair, with some flashing lights, an open room and a couple of outfit changes. It's a pretty indistinct video in comparison to "The shadow" which had a lot going on with it and ranks as one of BoA's best video. BoA's long past the stage in her career where she has to prove herself. But a stronger and more defining visual would have been nice to a song which marks one of BoA's most suggestive offerings, re-affirming her sexuality and sensuality as a woman.

BoA's pussy eating plea is produced by US production trio The Stereotypes, responsible for the works of Usher, Justin Bieber, Far East movement, Danity Kane and fellow J-pop star Jin Akanishi and his super flop album Japonicana. just to name a few. It's a really nice song with a nice throwback vibe and some solid production. If BoA were to ever consider trying for an English language album again, she'd be wise to hook up with The Stereotypes and consider material such as this.

I'm sure SM will be handing The Stereotypes a retainer to work on songs for Girls' generation and Super Junior too. We know how this goes.

Comments

  1. I actually love the song and how R&B synth heavy it is. The rest of the album isn't too bad either. I would have loved to hear more of this R&B infusion on the album but I'll take what I can get. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fans ain't feeling this, but I love it. Particularly towards the end when she dropped it low and popped that pussy. Also, Crystal's new EP Is shit with the exception of my heartbeat and monologue (Kind of). She served NO VOCALS for Kimi Ga irrelevant. Her ad libs were so lazy, that bitch was chilling in her Pajamas drinking her Tully's barista's choice black while recording that shit in the studio, I'm convinced. She could not be bothered to sing like she gave a damn. I'm so disappointed in Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um. She killed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YESSS BoA, YESSS! I was not expecting new material from her this soon. I'm glad to say I'm not disapppointed with her offerings so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. starlightshimmers17 May 2015 at 00:16

    BoA's career died with "IDENTITY" back in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This, for me, ranks as one of BoA's best songs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not feeling the video. The routine is sloppy and BoA's dancing get-ups are not hot. But she came through with the song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I agree. I think she should just stay away from Japan for the remainder of Her career, she's no longer relevant there and her musical output in Japan has been shit since Identity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did and they went free falling, shattered and broke just like Crystal's career.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed